Aida is a 10-year-old 5th grade female. She presents as significantly underweight and short for her age. Her facial coloring is sallow with dark circles under her eyes and her hair is a bit disheveled. She is new to the school and one morning comes to your office for the first time crying. Aida presents her issue as a friend problem; she feels left out and that some kids are purposefully ignoring her. After further exploration her story becomes tangential and difficult to follow. When asked if she would like to have a peer mediation she starts to backtrack her story and quickly wants to go to class. Later that day, you see her and she seems happier and talking with friends. Three days later, she comes back in the morning again crying. This time she begins talking about how she feels picked on at home and ignored. This discussion exposes the lack of food and scarce conditions of the home. Both parents have low-level paying jobs and have a difficult time making ends meet with three children. After speaking with the teachers, you have discovered that she often sleeps in class and has a hard time staying focused. Yet on other days, she is completely alert, attentive and happy.
Review and apply therapeutic skills, case understanding, empathy, psychotherapy, and counseling theories to the case vignette.
1) What are your main concerns with this client? The immediate needs of the client, how you would provide for those needs?
2) Why do you think the client is seeking help, from the client’s perspective?
3) What would be some counseling goals for this client? Explain.
4) Provide sample counseling questions you would ask to gain a better understanding of the whole client.
5) Based on your prior knowledge of theoretical foundations up to this point, what theoretical approach would you apply while working with this client?
6) What, if any, necessary follow-up (i.e. individual, family contact, consultation, referral, CPS, medical evaluation, etc.) would you recommend? Why?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more