External link to 1. Define motivation, and describe different theoretical explanations for learner motivation. 2….
External link to 1. What are misconceptions, and how are they related to constructivist learning theory? 2. Describe.
Questioning is one of the most important essential teaching skills. Characteristics of effective questioning include high frequency and equitable distribution of questions, prompts when students cant answer, and sufficient time for students to think about their answers.
External link to 1. Describe the personal characteristics of teachers who increase students motivation to learn….
A. What is trial balance? Explain its features. B. What are the errors in trial balance? Explain with appropriate examples. C. Explain the necessity of preparing bank reconciliation statement . D. M/s VK Pharmacy owned by Vivek had the following assets and liabilities as on 1st April, 2011: Cash Rs 5,000 Bank Rs 35,000 Stock Rs 55,000 Furniture Rs 20,000 Plant and machinery Rs 65,000 […]
External link to Research indicates that high-efficacy teachers adopt new curriculum materials and change strategies.
1. Assess the extent to which Sue applied the principles of cognitive learning theory in her lesson. Include both strengths and weaknesses in your assessment. 2. Assess the extent to which Sue applied the human memory model in her lesson. Include both strengths and weaknesses in your assessment.
External link to 1. Use the characteristics of the memory stores to explain why a health club would advertise its…
The human memory model is the cognitive architecture that one can use to describe how people gather, organize, and store their experiences. The model designates where knowledge is constructed and where prior knowledge is stored until needed for new knowledge construction.
External link to 1. Describe misconceptions and how they occur, and explain how teachers can eliminate them. 2….
1. Self-worth theory suggests that all people have the need to protect their sense of self-worth. Since our culture values high ability, people are motivated to protect the perception that they have high ability. 2. Explain how learners beliefs can influence their motivation to learn.
External link to A teacher sees a seventh-grader spit on the door to the classroom. According to the information in..
A register contains an 8 bit binary data. It is required to complement the three lsbs only. Suggest the datapath hardware (out of the following list) where it can be carried out and identify the sequence of the microoperations involved: (a) Arithmetic unit (b) Logical unit (c) Shifter (d) Register file (e) Internal bus B. Scratch pad registers are not addressable by instructions. The following […]
External link to Effective teachers in elementary schools develop rules and procedures that they teach and practice..
A computer program repetedly does the following tasks: read a 4 KB block from the hard disk, process the data and generate a 4 KB block, and store the new block on the disk. The program is fully dedicated for the above tasks without any overlap between the I/O operations and processing. The processing task takes 10 million clock cycles and the processor clock rate […]
External link to Describe the cognitive processes in the human memory model, and identify applications in classroom..
1. For centuries, people believed that the Earth was the center of our solar system. Which of the four characteristics of constructivism is best illustrated by this historical fact? Explain. 2. You want your students to use grammar rules correctly in their writing. Describe a real-world context that would be most effective for helping them reach the objective.
External link to 1. Describe instructional strategies that can increase students motivation to learn. 2. Look back..
Prepare a three-column cash book for the following (March 2012): March, 2012 1st Cash in Hand Rs 5,40,000 2nd Cash at Bank Rs 4,50,000 3rd Cash Sales Deposited in Bank Rs 18,000 5th Amount Deposited by a Customer Directly in Bank Rs 27,000 6th Sold Goods to Dhiraj for Rs 54,000 7th Deposited Cash for Opening a Fixed Deposit Account Rs 90,000 8th Received a […]
External link to As students move into high school,they communicate more effectively at an adult level,and they…
A microcomputer is based on the INTEL 8080 microprocessor which has 64 KB memory space. The microcomputer has 128 KB physical memory. Guess the technique that would be used by the microcomputer designer to double the memory supported by the microprocessor. Note that the 8080 does not support virtual memory.
External link to A language arts teacher wants to involve her students in a discussion of plot development in a…
1. Emphasis on sociocultural theory, communities of learners, cognitive apprenticeships, and situated cognition are all outcomes of the influence of social constructivism on instruction. 2. Identify characteristics and applications of constructivist learning theory.
External link to 1. Identify characteristics of elementary, middle, and secondary school students and how they…
A processor has 4 KB of instruction cache and 4 KB of data cache both on-chip. The manufacturer finds a batch of 10000 processor ICs to be selectively defective. In 5000 ICs, the instruction cache is functionally missing. In the remaining ICs, the data cache is functionally missing. All the processor ICs have no other defect except for this problem. Throwing away the entire lot […]
External link to Success on tasks students perceive as challenging increases motivation to learn. Meeting challenges.
A. Which of the following is recorded in profit and loss appropriation account? (a) Interest on capital (b) Interest on bank loan (c) Salaries to partner (d) Both (a) and (c) B. Interest on drawings by partner is transferred to (a) Trading account (b) Profit and loss account (c) Profit and loss appropriation account (d) None of the above C. From the following information, prepare […]
External link to I try to keep my assignments basic, a seventh-grade life science teacher comments. So, in one…
A computers cache memory follows write-through policy. The access time of the main memory is 100 ns whereas that of cache memory is 20 ns. The hit ratio for read access is 0.9. One-fourth of the memory cycles are for write and the rest for the read operations. Calculate the following: (a) Hit ratio including both read and write cycles. (b) Effective access time of […]
External link to 1. Identify strategies that teachers can use to increase learner self-regulation, and explain how…
A. Depletion method is more suitable for (a) Service industry (b) Mining industry (c) Intangible assets (d) All of the above B. In case of SLM, the amount of depreciation (a) Fluctuates every year (b) Decreases every year (c) Increases every year (d) Remains same every year C. Amortisation is related to (a) Tangible fixed assets (b) Intangible Fixed assets (c) Any Fixed assets (d) […]
External link to Cognitive constructivism focuses on individual construction of understanding. When an experience…
1. Most strains of Chlamydomonas (Fig. 5-1) are sensitive to streptomycin (see Example 13.25). A strain is found that requires streptomycin in the culture medium for its survival. How could it be determined whether streptomycindependence is due to a chromosomal gene or to a cytoplasmic element? 2. Ayeast (Fig. 6-4) culture, when grown on medium containing acriflavine, produces numerous minute cells that grow very slowly. […]
External link to A high school science teacher wants her students to be able to design effective experiments. After..
1. Explain how learners beliefs can influence their motivation to learn. 2. Explain differences in the ways learners with entity views of intelligence and those with incremental views of intelligence will respond to difficult tasks and the possibility of failure. 3. Using Kathy Brewsters conversation with Harvey on page 284, cite a specific example where she emphasized utility value in learning.
External link to We said in this section that Sam used an informational rather than a controlling strategy for…
A.A memory location contains 1100001011110010. Find the decimal value of this binary word if it represents the following: (a) Unsigned integer (b) 1s complement integer (c) 2s complement integer (d) Signed magnitude integer B. Perform following arithmetic operations in binary using 2s complement representation: (a) (+ 43) + ( 25) (b) ( 43) ( 25) (c) (+ 43) + (+ 25) (d) ( 43) + […]
External link to In spite of the fact that they were having their paragraphs publicly evaluated, DeVonnes students..
A. Write a program to evaluate the expression X = (AX B) + (C X D) for: (a) accumulator based CPU; (b) registers based CPU and (c) stack based CPU. B. The instruction format of a CPU is designed for following two types: (a) opcode and three fields for register addresses; (b) opcode and one field for memory address. Identify different formats for instruction.
1. Define metacognition, and explain how it can influence learning. 2. Describe the principles of cognitive learning theories.