Discrete Distribution (Playing Card Experiment)
Class Time: Names:
Student Learning Outcomes
The student will compare empirical data and a theoretical distribution to determine if an everyday experiment fits a discrete distribution.
The student will compare technology-generated simulation and a theoretical distribution.
The student will demonstrate an understanding of long-term probabilities.
One full deck of playing cards One programming calculator
The experimental procedure for empirical data is to pick one card from a deck of shuffled cards.
1. The theoretical probability of picking a diamond from a deck is _________. 2. Shuffle a deck of cards.
3. Pick one card from it.
4. Record whether it was a diamond or not a diamond.
5. Put the card back and reshuffle.
6. Do this a total of ten times.
7. Record the number of diamonds picked.
8. Let X = number of diamonds. Theoretically, X ~ B(_____,_____)
Organize the Data
1. Record the number of diamonds picked for your class with playing cards in Table 4.16. Then calculate the relative frequency.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more