Summary of assignment
_ Task: The peer review analysis asks you to complete the following:
o Select a personal research narrative essay from another student in your class.
o Write an essay with an introduction, body, and conclusion. The essay will answer
several questions about the essay. The questions are listed below.
_ Length: 600-900 words
_ Format: No sources will be cited in this paper, so no particular citation format will be
What You Will Submit
You will include two documents when you submit the assignment. You will submit both the essay that you reviewed as well as your peer review of the essay when you submit the assignment.
Questions to Answer When Writing Your Peer Review
In writing the peer review, please read the paper carefully and answer the following questions as well as you can in your essay.
Please do not simply list the questions and write answers to them. Rather, write an essay with an introduction, body, and conclusion in which you incorporate the various issues mentioned below into the essay.
You might, for example, divide the body of your essay into topic and thesis statement, sources used, clarity of narrative, and grammar. This is just an example of topics into which you could divide your paper. You might choose a very different set of topics.
1. Is the students research journey apparent when reading the personal research narrative?
2. Does the student describe steps he or she took while researching? Note how the essay from
Bergmann does this on page 162. Does the student do this?
3. Is the reader clear about what he or she already knew about the subject before
4 Is the reader clear about what he or she learned about the subject while researching?
5. Bergmann says, Although the personal research narrative does not take the form of an argument, often an argument underlies it or emerges from it (p. 160). Can you see the underlying argument the writer is making in the paper?
6. Bergmann says on page 161 that transitions and cues to your purpose and to your response to sources are particularly important for your readers… (p. 161). Does the writer incorporate transitions and cues in this manner?
7. Does the essay have a strong introductory paragraph and a clear thesis statement?
8. Does the writer use the personal pronoun I? Remember this is a personal research
narrative, so the writer should use the pronoun I.
9. Does each paragraph begin a new topic, perhaps a new topic in the research journey?
10. Are there a sufficient number of sources integrated into the essay to make the personal research narrative rich and robust? The instructions ask for at least 10 sources.
11. Are at least six of the sources scholarly sources? The instructions ask that at least six be scholarly sources.
12. Are any terms in need of clarification or definition? In other words, as a reader, did you need clarification or definition of any terms or concepts in the essay?
13. Can you identify some concepts or strategies in They Say/I Say that were incorporated into this personal research narrative?
Your peer review should be 600-900 words in length. Please answer the questions
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more